Saturday, August 26, 2006

Going wireless..

Well the entire world is, isn't it? I still dont have too much funda on Bluetooth and other wireless technolgoies, but very recently I learnt something.

I had bought my DLink Wireless Router in one of the Black Friday deals and managed to configure it to my modem. Everythig started working just fine! Atleast for sometime. As I tried to configure the password for the SSID so that my wireless network is not intruded, I accidentally reset it. I also found out that the Firefox does not support some of the Java scripts that are used in the Admin Page of the wireless router,better use IE.
I ended up currupting the firmware on the router, or so I thought, which resulted in a peculiar problem. The wireless connecting was dropping every 15mins with great regularity. I had no clue and called up DLink support.

First try, I was asked to recheck the modem and see if it was working and whether it was dropping the connection.
Second try, after a few days, resulted in my changing the channel to 11 and still no solution.
On the third try a smart guy told me that there could be a conflict between the modem IP address and the Router IP address and surely enough it start working fine when I changed the Router IP.

Moral of the story, dont give up on the support keep calling and make sure you have a case id with you and refer it the next time. Additionally you can get the case id emailed to you.
(The image is IP of the owner company that can be obtained by clicking the link)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home